1. It's not put on by district folks so I don't feel like I'll get retaliated against for being honest.
2. DISD usually sends some unprepared central staff person with a slide deck they haven't practiced and I hate that.
3. There's usually snacks which means i'm not picking between dinner and information.
4. I get to meet a bunch of teachers from different grade levels and schools which I don't usually get to do.
5. The information is unfiltered and unbiased. Even if you disagree with that, the space is open enough for you to be able to say that.
Now, I realize that over the course of the last few years people have started to try and lump Stand and Stacey Hodge into the educational axis of evil in Dallas. Most of those people probably got so upset at the title they are already gone. While personally I've only met a few people as sincerely committed to the success of our students as Stacey, I understand the frustration of some people and the need to put every group and person into a category in order to make sense of everything. Regardless of what you believe, I still encourage you to go. If you are interested at all in pursuing DTR and you aren't one of the people choosing to ignore it out of protest, this is the best place to get information and ask your questions.
The event is Wednesday, September 16, 2015 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (CDT) 1933 E Levee St Dallas, TX 75207
Info on the info session